Canadian homeowners are always looking for smart solutions to improve their living experience in a secure and safer environment. As many homeowners are returning to work and travelling outside with increased frequency, they feel the need to know what is happening when they are not home, but also to take action if needed. TELUS SmartHome Security solutions offer both home security and home automation for Canadian homeowners while providing the ability to get help if needed, 24/7.
What Is TELUS SmartHome Security?
A TELUS SmartHome Security system integrates multiple smart devices, for a smarter and safer home. A reliable smart home system can protect your home from not only theft and break-ins, but also fires, smoke, and carbon monoxide. TELUS SmartHome Security and automation devices work together through a mobile app, and a control panel in your home so you have full control of all your devices in one place.
Here’s how TELUS helps you keep your home safe & secure with their cutting-edge technology…
1. A Variety of Automation Security and Automation Devices to Choose From
TELUS offers a variety of options of professionally monitored SmartHome Security plans that offer strong advantages when it comes to safety and security. This includes self-monitored plans (you monitor your home from your smartphone) and professionally monitored plans (trained experts will verify alarms 24/7, and contact emergency services if needed).
These are some of the most popular home automation devices from TELUS used by Canadian homeowners every day:
- Indoor and Outdoor cameras can record video footage in HD quality, day or night. You can review anytime, or even in real-time, no matter where you are.
- Doorbell Cameras allow you to see and speak with whoever is at your door, no matter if you are at home, at work, or on vacation. You can also review recorded video footage.
- A wide variety of sensors include Smart Smoke Sensors, Carbon Monoxide Detector, Flood Sensor, Glass Break Sensor, Motion Sensor, and Door/Window Sensors. All sensors can send an alert to your smartphone, when these hazards are detected or if you forgot to close your door or window.
- Smart Locks allow you to lock and unlock your door from your smartphone. You can even create codes for your friends and family so that they can enter your home while you are away.
- Smart Thermostats let you automatically adjust the temperature in your home throughout the day or on the go, saving you energy and money.
- Smart Plugs can help you start dinner while you are on the way home, or have the coffee ready when you wake up. Use them with lamps to automatically adjust the lighting in your home depending on the time of day, or turn off hair appliances even if you left the house already.
- Smart Light Bulbs are LED light bulbs that offer energy savings and long-lasting power. You can control brightness and turn them on and off, no matter where you are.
You can choose any or all of these devices to keep your home automated, safe & secure at all times. If there is an emergency or a hazardous situation, instead of responding to it yourself, a professional monitoring centre can verify the alarm and if needed, contact emergency services for you. This professional monitoring happens 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so you can rest assured that help is available if you need it.
2. TELUS SmartHome Security Systems = Savings!
As a homeowner, keeping your property secure and your family safe is your first priority. However, many Canadian homeowners hesitate to get a SmartHome security system fearing its cost. But with TELUS you can save money on your home insurance, utility bills and system installment.
- Save on insurance: Many popular home insurance providers typically offer discounts when TELUS SmartHome Security systems are installed. The discounts can range from 5% – 20%. Talk to your insurance provider for more details on this benefit.
- Save on energy/utility bills: With a TELUS smart thermostat installed, you can save up to 6% on your heating bill. You can save more if you also have TELUS light bulbs and smart plugs installed to further reduce energy costs.
- Save on costly repairs: By installing TELUS flood sensors around your home you can prevent costly water damage and save on expensive repairs caused by flooding.
- Save on time: With TELUS SmartHome automation installed in your home, you can enjoy the convenience of technology to manage your daily chores. You can close your garage door, start cooking before you get home, and you can turn off small appliances like irons, and hair appliances without having to be in your home.
- Save on installation: TELUS SmartHome Security has flexible installation options. To install different types of TELUS SmartHome Securitydevices, you can hire a professional or do it yourself! Rest assured that there is online support and guidance to help you along the way.
TELUS offers a variety of monthly plans to meet a wide range of SmartHome Security needs. With a TELUS SmartHome Security system, you can rest easy knowing that hazard detection devices – like Smart smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and glass break sensors – will alert you when a hazard is detected.
3. Easy Installation by Canada’s #1 Home Security Provider
TELUS’ award-winning network and SmartHome systems coupled with ADT Canada’s over 150 years of proven expertise in security assure homeowners of the safety of their homes. Instead of responding to a hazard yourself, a professional guard can verify the alarm and if needed, contact emergency services for you. This professional monitoring happens 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you want to install the TELUS SmartHome security & automation system, simply submit a service request on their HomeStars profile. A TELUS representative can help you pick a monthly plan and the security devices available for that particular plan as per your needs. You can place your order online or on the phone with a TELUS agent to receive your SmartHome Security devices. You can choose to install the devices yourself or schedule an appointment with a professional installer. After that, you are all set – your SmartHome security service is activated and ready to use.
TELUS SmartHome Security offers the widest selection of security services to customers across Canada, including home, business, and online security. TELUS is powered by a purpose, to help improve the world we live in. They have committed to using their technology for good like investing in sustainable start-ups with the $100M TELUS Pollinator Fund for Good, investing over $4 billion into healthcare innovations as Canada’s largest Health IT company, and committing to using 100% renewable energy by 2025 and becoming a zero-waste, carbon-neutral company by 2030 and much more! So become a part of TELUS’s social impact while keeping your family home safe and secure. To make the future environment-friendly and sustainable, get in touch with a TELUS representative today!