Whether you are renovating your whole kitchen or running annual furnace maintenance, it is important that you hire a contractor whom you can trust. It’s essential to vet a contractor before you invite them into your house for a project. That’s why HomeStars has developed three major trust tools Star Score, Verification Badge and Community Reviews, that will help you hire confidently for any size and type of project.
HomeStar reviews work as that perfect second opinion you can rely on as 98% of Canadian homeowners read reviews before hiring. What sets our reviews apart from other websites is that we have an entire team dedicated to ensuring the integrity of homeowners’ honest reviews posted on the site. All reviews, positive, negative or somewhere in between undergo the exact same moderation process.
In 2021, 83,843 real homeowner reviews were published on HomeStars. Here’s how our custom review submission and moderation process works:
By sharing your experience, your review helps other homeowners in your area research and hire only the best pros.
Here Are Some Do’s and Don’ts of Review Writing to Avoid Your Review From Getting Rejected:
- Make sure your reviews are a minimum of 30 words long and written in English.
- Your review must focus on the project completed by the company you had a contractual agreement with
- It’s important to write an original review. Do not directly copy and paste a review you wrote on another website to HomeStars
- All reviews must be constructive and avoid accusatory and vulgar language and must abide by Canadian Defamation laws
- As HomeStars reviews are public and read by thousands of Canadians, ensure you do not disclose full names or personal, private details of the company’s employees (phone numbers, email addresses, home addresses, etc.)
Your reviews will not just help homeowners to hire better but can also help pros to build their online reputation, receive feedback on their work and get qualified to win the annual HomeStars Best of Awards. We encourage you to Write A Review after the completion of any home improvement project, no matter how big or small, to contribute to our community and empower homeowners using your experiences with pros.