Technology is quickly becoming so integrated into our lives that it’s difficult to remember the days when our homes were heated by coal furnaces. Today, most urban homes in Canada rely upon easy-to-access natural gas to heat our homes.
To make modern life even easier, sophisticated heating systems include smartphone technology that can help you save money and simplify the heating of your home. With fully 68% of Canadian adults owning a smart phone, we decided it was a good time to talk to an expert in the subject. Phil Hanna from AtlasCare Heating and Cooling agree to chat us about smartphone technology that can help you save money and simplify the heating of your home.
- By connecting to a smart phone, smart thermostats allow homeowners to control their home temperature through a Wi-Fi base, anywhere in the world.
- Installation is simple; a licensed HVAC technician can have smart thermostats up and running within a few hours.
- These systems are beneficial for people away from their homes from a long period of time
- Check temperatures and fan speeds, change your heating schedule and set alarms remotely
- Track energy efficiency throughout the seasons — at the end of the year you can see where you are saving and wasting money, and make adjustments accordingly
Good luck with heating your home this winter, and please consider writing a review if you do hire an expert to help install your smart thermostat.