If you’ve decided to build a new pool this Spring, check out our video on new pool construction. Keith Evans from Land Effects Outdoor Living Spaces Ltd shares the basics on the types of pools available on the market and how much they cost.
- The most expensive option starting at $80,000
- Involves excavating the backyard and custom-forming the concrete shell
- These pools are not limited to any shape or size and are made to last a lifetime
- Starting cost is between $35,000 – $40,000
- Are pre-formed shells that get lowered into the backyard using a crane, typically on the same day
- These pools come in many shapes, colours and finishes and have stairs and benches molded right in
Vinyl Liner Pools
- Are the least expensive in-ground option, within the $30,000 range
- The dig for these pools takes about one day, and the pool itself takes about one week to get in the ground
Above Ground Pools
- These pools are a great entry level pool, starting at $10,000
- A deck can easily be built around them, serving as a backyard patio
Looking for inspiration for your new pool? Look no further than our Pool Board on Pinterest!
Local bylaws are key when it comes to building a pool. Make sure you check the municipality bylaws in your area. A good contractor will help to make sure your pool meets local bylaws and that your project runs smoothly.
Best of luck with your project!