Steve Forberg from Decorium Furniture discusses the top five furniture trends currently defining today’s eclectic looking home.
1. Industrial reclaimed furniture:
- Mixing modern elements with rustic wood items and industrial metal.
- Popular items: Wooden chairs, white lacquered tables, industrial metal lamps
2. Upholstered beds
- Highly customizable; choose your fabric, sizing and finishings
- Allows you to create a mix and match look for your bedroom decor as these do not come as a part of bedroom sets
3. Mirrored Furniture
- This continuing trend comes in a variety of formats: desks, side tables, and night tables suit a multitude of rooms.
4. Home Office
- Desks are now making their way into the living room as families use the room for both work and leisure.
5. Oversized Seating
- Seating depths for couches have gone from 36-37 inches to 40-42 inches, sometimes even 44 inches.